- It has been a rocky past week for Bitcoin, as the cryptocurrency has primarily been subjected to a bout of sideways trading
- Its inability to gain any trend is likely due to the stock market’s consolidation phase
- For better or worse, BTC has grown incredibly tied to the traditional market
- Its near-term trend may depend almost entirely on that seen by equities
- That said, one analyst is now pointing towards two key events currently taking place that need to end before Bitcoin can make a movement
“I think BTC trading will continue to be pretty boring until the uncertainty of elections/politics are over. Macro-trend says up. Micro-trend says ‘gimme your lunch money, kid.’”
The current trading range that it is caught within sits between ,200 and ,600. Until one of these levels is broken, it remains in a consolidation phase.
The coming weeks will likely provide immense insight into how the crypto will finish the year.
This bout of sideways trading has done little to provide traders and investors with insight into where it may trend next.
Bitcoin Struggles to Gain Momentum as Consolidation Persists
At the time of writing, Bitcoin is trading up marginally at its current price of ,520. This marks a notable climb from its recent lows but does not mark a break above any key technical levels.
Bitcoin and the entire cryptocurrency market have been caught within a consolidation phase throughout the past few days and weeks.
This indicates that it may be a few more weeks before Bitcoin can garner a trend, which could make its next big movement explosive.
He doesn’t believe that the crypto will gain a sustainable trend until these two things come to an end.
Analyst: Election and Politics are Holding BTC Back
Featured image from Unsplash.
Pricing data source: BTCUSD on TradingView.
While speaking about where Bitcoin might trend in the mid-term, one analyst explained that the politics stopping the phase 2 stimulus deal from being passed and uncertainty surrounding the election are both holding BTC back.
The longer this bout of sideways trading lasts, the bigger the subsequent move will be. Essentially, Bitcoin is like a spring coiling up.
Periods of consolidation as intense as this one are nearly always following by massive movements. The longer and tighter the consolidation phase, the larger the subsequent move will be.
Send bulk sms with Bitcoin and don’t worry If your link gets reported. We are constantly monitoring your links and We’ll pause your campaigns if any issue…