- Ethereum has undergone a strong drop since the August highs of $490.
- The coin currently trades for $380, far below the aforementioned highs.
- Despite the strong correction, analysts are optimistic that the long-term trend remains bullish.
- One crypto-asset analyst noted that as long as Ethereum holds the $350 region, it could move towards $700 in the long term.
- The chart suggests that the prices in the vicinity of $350 are of macro importance.
- Namely, in the middle of 2018, the leading cryptocurrency reached those lows, then bounced.
- And in 2017, $350 acted as a launching point for the bull trend that brought it to $1,400.
Ethereum Must Hold Current Range to Remain Macro Bullish
Chart of ETH’s price action over the past few years with a Renko candle analysis by crypto trader Cold Blooded Shiller (ColdBloodShill on Twitter).
Chart from TradingView.com
Ethereum Hash Rate Sets All-Time High
Chart of ETH’s hash rate since the start of Janaury 2017 from CoinMetrics, shared by CoinMetrics. Unit on the left is terrahashes per second.
As reported by Bitcoinist previously, the hash rate of the Ethereum network recently hit an all-time high above 250 terrahashes per second. This is a reading slightly above the all-time highs seen in the middle of 2018, when the metric tapped 250 terrahashes, then declined dramatically as prices dropped.
Analysts are optimistic that these technologies will dramatically increase Ethereum’s utility, driving prices higher.
It shows that over the past two years, the 0 region has been pivotal for ETH. In 2017, it acted as a launchpad for the rally to ,400. Also, in the middle of 2018, this region acted as a point at which Bitcoin underwent a dead cat bounce.
One crypto-asset trader recently shared the chart below.
If Ethereum holds prices around 0 as support on a macro time frame, Ethereum is set to explode higher towards 0 over time, analysts say.
Featured Image from Shutterstock
Price tags: ethusd, ethbtc
Charts from TradingView.com
As Long as Ethereum Holds 0 Range, It’s Set to Double: Analyst
Bitcoinist.com is author of this content, TheBitcoinNews.com is is not responsible for the content of external sites.
Send bulk sms with Bitcoin and don’t worry If your link gets reported. We are constantly monitoring your links and We’ll pause your campaigns if any issue…