- It has been a rough past few days for Ethereum, with Bitcoin’s recent $13,800 rejection sending it plunging below $400
- It has not been able to gain any strong momentum in the time since, and analysts do believe that this could indicate that further weakness is imminent
- ETH’s lackluster price action and severe underperformance has been one of the main reasons why other altcoins have been heavily underperforming BTC
- One analyst is now noting that Ethereum has failed to post a bullish TK cross over the past week, which indicates downside could be imminent
- That being said, it could still complete this bullish technical formation if it holds above $350 in the coming weeks
Image Courtesy of Josh Olszewicz. Source: ETHUSD on TradingView.
Bitcoin, Ethereum, and the aggregated crypto market have seen some rather lackluster price action as of late.
A break back above this level, however, could prove to be bullish.
At the time of writing, Ethereum is trading down just under 2% at its current price of 9. This marks a break below the crucial 0 level that has been acting as strong support as of late.
He notes that it just failed to complete a bullish technical formation that was previously in play.
Ethereum Underperforms Bitcoin as Lackluster Price Action Continues
The intensity of this selling pressure signals that it may mark capitulation, but it’s hard to say for certain at this point.
While BTC hovers around its yearly highs, ETH and most other altcoins are still trading well below their highs, which investors exiting them en masse as all the attention shifts to Bitcoin.
He notes that another could form if ETH can hold above 0 in the coming few weeks.
Analyst: ETH Fails to Complete Bullish Technical Formation
While sharing his thoughts on Ethereum’s outlook, one analyst said that a bull-favoring TK cross previously in play has since been invalidated.
Featured image from Unsplash.
Charts from TradingView.
One analyst is now noting that Ethereum could be in for further consolidation or downside as its price ranges in the upper-0 region.
“1D ETH: the bad news: could never muster the bullish TK cross. The good news: TK cross still possible over next few weeks if we stay in this 350-400 range,” he said while pointing to the below chart.
Send bulk sms with Bitcoin and don’t worry If your link gets reported. We are constantly monitoring your links and We’ll pause your campaigns if any issue…