- Ethereum’s price action has been strikingly similar to that of Bitcoin, and the crypto has been unable to garner any independent momentum
- This has led ETH to consolidate between $340 and $360 throughout the past couple of days
- Its reaction to any signs of weakness from BTC has been quite pronounced, which could mean that it will see an extreme reaction to any Bitcoin downturn
- Analysts are now noting that Ethereum’s market structure looks “abysmal” and could indicate that downside is imminent
- One trader is targeting a move down towards $240 in the near-term
Where the cryptocurrency trends next will undoubtedly depend on Bitcoin, as the benchmark crypto has been firmly guiding the aggregated market throughout the past few weeks.
This sideways trading may not last for too much longer, as one analyst is noting that a bearish market structure formed by ETH indicates that a move down towards 0 is imminent in days and weeks ahead.
At the time of writing, ETH is trading down marginally at its current price of 1. This is around where it has been trading throughout the past day.
Ethereum Struggles to Gain Momentum as Bitcoin’s Slight Uptrend Stalls
Ethereum and other altcoins were driven slightly higher this week by Bitcoin’s rebound past ,700. This rebound has since stalled, which is what caused ETH to plunge from over 0 down to lows of 0.
Image Courtesy of Cold Blooded Shiller. Chart via TradingView.
Ethereum has had a rough past few weeks, with its price forming an incredibly wide trading range between 5 and 0, while its buyers and sellers reach an impasse due to Bitcoin’s persistent bout of consolidation.
Analyst: ETH has an “Abysmal” Outlook, Decline Towards $240 is Imminent
“ETH short average has been brought down with the add at 7. It just looks abysmal (which is great for me). Approaching a month in the short position which was to be expected for this move. Very pleased I’ve been positioned and not having to play with the chop.”
If it moves lower from here, the next support region to watch exists between 5 and 5, as this is where it has bounced in previous weeks.
While speaking about Ethereum’s near-term outlook, one analyst explained that he is expecting the cryptocurrency to see a move down towards 0 in the near-term.
Featured image from Unsplash.
Charts from TradingView.
Bitcoinist.com is author of this content, TheBitcoinNews.com is is not responsible for the content of external sites.
Send bulk sms with Bitcoin and don’t worry If your link gets reported. We are constantly monitoring your links and We’ll pause your campaigns if any issue…