- Bitcoin’s price has seen some significant momentum throughout the past few days
- The cryptocurrency is currently trading at the highest price it has been at since before the summer rally came to an end
- This momentum appears to be the result of a confluence of different factors, including growing BTC adoption amongst corporations
- Just today, PayPal announced that they are planning to rollout cryptocurrency buying, selling, and storage features to all of their users
- Bitcoin, Ethereum, as well as a select few other digital assets will be supported upon its imminent launch
- One analyst is also noting that this $12,000 breakout is different from a technical perspective as well
The confluence of this news has helped send Bitcoin up towards its current price of ,500.
Image Courtesy of il Capo of Crypto. Source: BTCUSD on TradingView.
This is just one of the notable examples of Bitcoin adoption that has been seen throughout the past few weeks and months.
“The other times that BTC tried to break k, funding and premium were positive. They are neutral/negative now. So yeah, this time is different.”
Bitcoin Rallies Higher on PayPal News
A couple of weeks ago, Square – widely viewed as a PayPal competitor – made headlines when they announced their acquisition of million worth of BTC to hold as a reserve asset.
One analyst is now pointing to a few technical factors that show just how different this latest push higher is from those seen in the past.
Earlier today, FinTech giant PayPal revealed that they will be rolling out features that enable their users to buy, sell, and store Bitcoin, Ethereum, and some other digital assets.
The lack of momentum seen by altcoins may be coming about due to a shift in capital away from alts and towards BTC.
Analyst: Here’s How This Latest Rally is Different from Previous Ones
Bitcoin has continued its ascent today while the rest of the crypto market largely continues consolidating.
Some technical factors highlight differences as well, which one analyst observed in a recent tweet:
The immense momentum seen by Bitcoin has led it to fresh 2020 highs of ,500. There is some resistance at this level, however, as each tap has sparked slight selloffs.
The main difference between this rally and previous ones is that it is driven by positive news developments regarding BTC adoption.
Featured image from Unsplash.
Charts from TradingView.
Bitcoinist.com is author of this content, TheBitcoinNews.com is is not responsible for the content of external sites.
Send bulk sms with Bitcoin and don’t worry If your link gets reported. We are constantly monitoring your links and We’ll pause your campaigns if any issue…