Touchpoints of the mobile Customer Journey
In order for a purchase decision to be made, the way must be paved, if possible, without stumbling blocks or other obstacles. For example, anyone who points out difficulty in this context, e.g. by rating form/assessment, should be contacted by the company immediately. Ideally, there should be a corresponding link that other customers can also use.
Demand meets awareness
As search modules serve:
How can the customer still be picked up at this point?
- arouse the need through targeted advertising. This means segmenting the target group, selecting advertising tools and hitting the right tone.
- Intercept search queries, for example through well-prepared content, shops and rankings. Attention must be paid to responsive design.
- Inform the customer extensively about their proposed solutions, with as wide a reach as possible. Social media is ideally suited for this.
Research meets selection
The customer journey does not end with the purchase itself. First, the customer decides on delivery and condition upon receipt, before actual customer satisfaction is achieved.
Not every customer trip is the same. In addition, there are countless possibilities for interpretation on the part of the companies. Some interfaces, however, can almost always be found. As part of the process, they have fixed placements on the customer journey.
- your own web shop, clear and intuitive to use, with detailed information about the offer.
- Comparison portals in which competitors can be compared directly. Classification also takes place.
- Blog campaigns, video tutorials and specialist articles explain all the details of the offer. Pictorial language and visualizations are usually preferred.
Therefore it is recommended:
Before a customer makes a final decision, thorough research and comparison is carried out. The competition inevitably appears here. Therefore it is important to convince with good results and an even better selection of products/services. This orientation phase is very often completed via mobile devices. Using various channels also promotes communication diversity and increases your chances of intercepting customers.
- a clear interface. The website or shop should be operable with just a few clicks. Navigation and internal links should be set up accordingly.
- a functional customer account. An integrated login area allows customers to create watch lists, save personal data and view, change, cancel or re-trigger orders that have been placed.
- order in just a few steps. Once the customer data has been created, an order should be placed quickly. Shopping cart, general terms and conditions and a possibility for comments are essential. Data protection is also important.
Conclusion or payment
The customer has a problem, needs something or is looking for a certain solution. Sometimes these needs only emerge when he sees an advertisement and suddenly realises that he still lacks exactly this product or that he absolutely wants it. This is, of course, the easiest way for everyone involved. However, it also happens that some customers have a problem, but do not even know what solutions there are or what would be possible at all.
Ideally, the customer will buy from you again and again after such an effectively designed customer journey. But the competition doesn’t sleep either. So it’s always a question of maintaining interest and manifesting loyalty to the brand or the company.
- offer several payment options. These can be, for example, credit card, prepayment, immediate bank transfer and purchase on invoice.
- to integrate trustworthy partners. Especially Paypal is very popular for mobile Shopping. The access data can be stored on the device and the purchase is completed within seconds. Equally user-friendly are various payment providers such as Klarna (purchase on invoice), Coinpayment (payments with crypto currency) or Billsafe (also from Paypal, but on invoice).
- to pay attention to international transactions. Depending on the country, specific regulations apply to how a payment is to be processed. In particular, customs duties, transport costs and the disclosure of VAT must be taken into account. This is the responsibility of the supplier – not the customer.
Receipt of the goods
In addition, the purchase process should be as easy as possible, thanks to:
It is not uncommon for IT experts to observe a cancellation of orders in the area of payment options. Especially for mobile devices, many shops are not yet sufficiently optimized in this respect. If the payment procedure is too complicated, many customers shy away from making the purchase at the last moment.
- Fast shipping: Customers who have to wait a long time for their order will rarely order again in this shop.
- Safe shipping: Goods should arrive safely at their destination, well packaged and in perfect condition. Traces of use must be avoided.
- Shipment tracking: The tracking number allows the customer to track the deliveries himself. Delivery services also offer e-mail or SMS notification of when delivery is expected to take place.
Usability and benefits
Companies can then
If you want to reach your customers lastingly, you have to deliver the right quality. Intuitively operable products with high value are only one part of the success concept. Operating instructions can be extended, for example, by application notes, recipe suggestions or similar. These could contain a link, QR field or SMS code where the consumer can call up further information online.
- Thank them for the purchase and suggest suitable products, e.g. from the same series.
- Ask for feedback. The customer can be contacted easily in the form of email or SMS and can react as desired.
- Offer support. If questions about the product arise, you must be able to help immediately.
The big goal: customer loyalty
There are a few popular solutions for customer loyalty:
What can companies do at this point?
- Loyalty programs, such as collecting points, which can then be redeemed in the shop.
- Subscriptions that grant discounts when buying a product on a regular basis.
- Special promotions such as sales, friends recruit friends, votes, events and so on.
Send bulk sms with Bitcoin and don’t worry If your link gets reported. We are constantly monitoring your links and We’ll pause your campaigns if any issue…