- Bitcoin’s price has entered a consolidation phase as it trades between $10,600 and $10,800
- The cryptocurrency’s strong uptrend in recent days stalled as soon as it approached $11,000, as the selling pressure at this level has proven to be quite significant
- Analysts are now conflicted on where it may trend next, as it all depends on whether $11,000 proves to be a surmountable level
- One analytics firm is now noting that there is one indicator that is providing insight into why BTC can’t seem to break this level
- They note that the network is currently seeing a “severe lack” of address activity, which points to underlying weakness
Image Courtesy of Santiment.
The decline to these lows was fleeting, but it highlighted the strength of BTC’s near-term resistance, as well as some underlying weakness amongst bulls.
Analytics platform Santiment explained in a recent tweet that there is currently a severe lack of address activity on the Bitcoin network. This points to underlying weakness amongst the crypto’s buyers.
Featured image from Unsplash.
Pricing data from TradingView.
Bitcoin has been consolidating ever since bulls were able to push it up towards highs of ,000. The move to this level earlier this week was promising, but it has since been followed by another prolonged period of sideways trading.
Yesterday, after advancing towards ,000, BTC faced a sudden inflow of selling pressure that caused its price to slide as low as ,500 on some trading platforms.
Analytics Firm: Network Activity Flashing Warning Signs for BTC
One fundamental metric that may be contributing to this slight weakness is a “severe lack of address activity” – according to one analytics firm.
Where the entire market trends in the coming few weeks should depend largely on how it continues responding to the selling pressure that exists here.
“Why is BTC continuing to see drop-offs occur whenever we near k? Our DAA Divergence model indicates the network is seeing a severe lack of address activity. Today is the 5th most bearish output in the past 6 mths.”
At the time of writing, Bitcoin is trading up marginally at its current price of ,770. This is around the price at which it has been trading at throughout the past several days.
Send bulk sms with Bitcoin and don’t worry If your link gets reported. We are constantly monitoring your links and We’ll pause your campaigns if any issue…